Feb 20, 2018
James Altucher is the author of several Wall Street Journal
Best Selling books, including ‘Choose
Yourself.’ There he suggests that we write 10 ideas every day to
become an ideas machine. James has reinvented himself several
times. His first career change was when he left his full-time role
at HBO to build a tech start-up. James has co-founded 20 companies
17 of which have failed on paper yet have given him several life
lessons. He is the host of widely popular podcasts The James
Altucher Show and Ask Altucher. James is a venture capitalist. And
these days, you can find James doing stand-up in local clubs
including Stand Up NY.
Listen to episode #5 especially if you’re curious about James
Altucher’s thoughts on:
- What does it feel like to reach a milestone birthday and hang
around a younger crowd?
- How can we manage our energy including when it comes to a big
component our emotional health and marriage?
- What are the perils of reinventing yourself in your career? How
can you change careers with fewer scars?
- How is a career reinvention like a knight slaying a
- Why he brings up P&G as a platonic cubicle company? Why he
makes fun of it?
- What James Altucher thinks about the ideal American dream vs.
our individual dreams?
- What James thinks about different types of entrepreneurial
- How he thinks about family businesses along with the immigrant
- What entrepreneurship ventures he has been a part of or how
does he make a living? What sectors he is invested in right now
beyond bitcoin and technology?
- How he would go about teaching someone how to be an
- Whether he thinks he is a better entrepreneur vs. an
In this episode, you’ll also hear how James Altucher thinks
about making career decisions based on other's expectations. Press
play to hear this part 1 of a 2-part podcast episode.
This episode is brought to you by Career Outcomes
Now YOU can lead a SUCCESSFUL reinvention. James Altucher in
this episode goes into details on how reinventing yourself at any
age come with some injuries because it’s like fighting a dragon.
Work on your brand and you'll be well-armored for a fight against
any sized dragon.
As a career coach to several professionals around the world,
the key to changing careers or reinventing yourself is having a
clear and compelling personal brand on which to build your
What’s more, all listeners of this episode are invited to use
coupon code DRAGON for $300 off when you are ready to reinvent
yourself. Learn more here -